The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse candidate for Fellowship in the Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates must:
- Be a member of SUNA in good standing for at least a year prior to application
- Have completed a nationally accredited program
- Have a current active, unrestricted professional license in the US or its territories
- Hold a Master’s degree in nursing or a DNP (Doctorate of Nursing Practice).
- If a nurse practitioner:
- Be certified by the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC), National Certification Corporation (NCC), American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or Pediatric Nurse Certification Board (PNCB) in a generalist area.
- If a clinical nurse specialist: a. Be certified by the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) in a generalist area.
- Provide evidence of substantial contributions over time to urology nursing in one of the following categories:
- Teaching and presenting on urology topics
- Researching urology nursing
- Policy development for urology patients
- Leadership in urology nursing
- Administration/management, as relates to the care of urology patients
- Clinical practice
Learn more about FAUNA